Is your child’s behaviour and/or emotions worrying you and you’re not sure just how worried you need to be?
My name is Chrissie Moulder, I am a fully qualified and experienced Play Therapist, an Internal Family Systems (IFS) informed therapist and a Certified Foundational Theraplay Practitioner . I have over 20 years experience working with children and families. Six of these years I spent working in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) in the NHS as a children’s mental health worker. Over the last 5 years I have also been working with adoptive families and children who have experienced high levels of trauma early on in their lives and I have completed training in Internal Family Systems therapy (IFS), Theraplay and DDP (Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy) . If you would like to learn more about me please go to About Me.
I can offer support with emotional and behavioural issues that children and teens may be experiencing. Here is a list of the issues that I have helped clients with:
- Attachment difficulties
- Angry, aggressive or destructive outbursts
- Developmental trauma
- Bereavement and loss issues
- A lack of confidence, low self esteem
- Difficulties with the parent-child relationship
- Shyness, unusually quiet or withdrawal
- Low mood, easily tearful, concerns about depression
- Self-harming behaviours (e.g. cutting, head banging, substance misuse)
- Traumatic incidents
- The effects of divorce or separation
- Bullying (children who bully and those who are on the receiving end of these behaviours)
- Children affected by illness, or the illness of a parent or sibling (including mental illness)
- Sleep problems
- Issues around eating
- Anxiety, fear, phobia or obsessive/repeated behaviours
- Not achieving/developing at the same pace as peers
- Difficulty making or keeping friends
- Behaviour difficulties at home, school or both
- Soiling/toileting difficulties
- School has expressed concerns
I offer one-off consultations and on-going sessions, including offering parent support via Zoom.
I can provide the following support:
- Therapeutic parenting support and strategies
- Individual therapy for children and teenagers
- Play Therapy (particularly useful for children aged approximately 3 to 12 years)
- Internal Family Systems informed parent sessions and therapy for young people
- Theraplay-based interventions (an Attachment-based intervention)- not currently available due to COVID
- Joint sessions with parent/s and their child or teen
- Guidance for parents/carers to learn how to use Child-Centred Play with their children (this on its own may be enough to solve some issues)
- Support for organisations and individuals working in the children’s workforce
I also offer consultations to professionals who are working with children and families. Please click here For Organisations/Professionals to read more about this service.
I cannot guarantee to have all the answers, but I am sure that by bringing together your knowledge of your child with my knowledge and experience of child development and child psychology, we can improve the quality of life for your child/family and help you feel more confident about how to respond to the challenges of being a parent.
I am a full Member of BACP, The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), and have a current DBS check (this is the old CRB or police check that people must have in order to work with children).
I believe that children aren’t a mystery and that childhood is not a battleground. Put plainly, my mission is to help adults to help children to thrive.
Chrissie is a registered Play Therapist, Certified Foundational Theraplay Practitioner and Internal Family Systems Informed (IFS) therapist. Sessions are held at Seale-Hayne near Newton Abbot. She also offers parent sessions by Zoom and can be contacted on 0784
0069075 or childtherapysouthdevon